The Nerdy Katie
10. 02. 2012

I honestly can’t remember the last time I went on one. We go to Dallas a lot to visit family, but I wouldn’t consider that a vacation. Right now school is kicking my ass, my child is kicking my ass, and my dog is kicking my ass. So I need to kick my ass out of Texas and somewhere nice and tranquil. I am not not a beach person. I find sand gross and I am not a fan of water, sure I will chase my kid out of it, but ocean water is gross. Fish fart in the ocean, I don’t want to swim in fart.

I really want to go to Alaska, I will someday! I have no idea what my obsession with Alaska is, it might have to do with the fact that I watch an abnormal amount of Northern Exposure as a child.

Source: city-data.com via Angie on Pinterest

Oh Antarctica! I would go there with my Mom, she had the opportunity to go, all expenses paid when I was in high school for 6 weeks and didn’t. So I kinda owe her I guess?

Source: google.com via Katie on Pinterest

Ireland, the land of my people that I didn’t know were my people until 2007.

Source: elephantine.typepad.com via Krista on Pinterest

And of course France! And I would like to stay in this little house please. Actually, can I just please live there? Thanks!

Source: flickr.com via Abby on Pinterest

So, if you could go anywhere in the world, money is no object, where would you go?

9 Responses to “I NEED a vacation!”

1. Meg O. says:

Lol at fish farting in the ocean.

2. Jen says:

I went to Dublin this past December and it was a really great experience. Was only there a week, so I plan on going back soon. Definitely go if you have the chance.

3. Heather says:

“Fish fart in the ocean” LOL!

I actually love getting away to a beach with a rum punch in my hand…Oh, rum punch…

4. tara says:

I’m with you, girl! I seriously need a vacay! I think I’d go to Bora Bora! :)

5. Monica says:

Haha I am not big on the ocean either but i would love to lay on a beach somewhere and just be there.

6. ms.composure says:

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post! i know i need a vacation as well..def looking into a beach someplace!

7. J says:

I am right there with you on needing a vacation! I’d definitely love to visit Ireland or Scotland. Or France. Or England. Basically anywhere outside of the US. Should we plan our trip now??

8. Nellie says:

My BFF is currently in Alaska helping out her sister in law. She says the people are very strange but friendly. I also need a vacation!

9. Jennifer M. says:

I’d go everywhere!! That’s my dream actually, to travel the world. I want to see Australia, Italy, Ireland, England, Brazil, wherever the Aurora Borealis is, Morocco, Greece, and a gazillion other places. Maybe I should’ve been a travel photographer. ;P